News Update: "Beware of online sales scams. Read about other people's experiences online first." - FTC
2,903 Real Customer Reviews
481 Companies Reviewed
49,422 Facebook Likes

RECENT NEWS  /

BlackBerry CEO John Chen SPEAKS OUT on Net Neutrality and App Discrimination

Elliot James  |  January 23, 2015  |  0 Comment(s)

newswriter_thumb-25

New Dating App Uses Technology to Assess Your Attractiveness?

George Hancock Jr.  |  January 29, 2015  |  0 Comment(s)

Ever heard of the 80 20 rule? It asserts that 20 percent of all guys date (and sleep with) 80% of women. The other 80% of guys are left to fight over the remaining 20% of women. I don’t know if the theory actually holds… Read More

newswriter_thumb-19

WTF Means Wickr Timed Feed Photo Concealing

George Hancock Jr.  |  January 28, 2015  |  0 Comment(s)

Do you know what steganography is? No, it’s not the study of the stegosaurus. That’s the association I jumped to, even though I knew steganography has something to do with technology and not prehistoric creatures. Steganography is the the practice of concealing a file, image,… Read More

newswriter_thumb-19

Sling TV Enters the Crowded Streaming Device Business

Natalie Mootz  |  January 28, 2015  |  0 Comment(s)

Raise your hand if you still have cable or satellite TV. (This is me, sheepishly raising my hand.) Do you feel weird about that? I kind of do. It feels like I’m throwing money away because I’m paying for channels like Bloomberg TV and A&E even though I… Read More

TOP STORIES  /

antivirus security

Author Highlight

Researcher says HTTPS can track You

Robert Siciliano  |  January 27, 2015  |  0 Comment(s)

Perhaps you’ve read that “HTTPS” at the start of a website address means that the site is secure, encrypted. However, a feature of the HTTPS can track you, says an article at theregister.co.uk. HTTP is not secure. Carnegie Mellon University in a Register article states… Read More

top 15

Featured Article

Top 15 Hackers Of All Time

Amber Newby  |  September 11, 2013  |  0 Comment(s)

Hackers helped fuel the antivirus industry. Their ability to gain access to the most confidential information in the world has created the need for computer protection. These hackers, several of whom have served a prison sentence, were able to find ways to break into some… Read More

Online Bookstores

Op-Ed

Amazon: Corporate Wolf or Warrior for the Masses?

Melissa Zehner  |  October 3, 2014  |  0 Comment(s)

If you can’t beat ‘em, tattle. That seems to be the latest strategy in the now six-month battle between Hachette, publishing giant, and Amazon, internet shopping giant. What started as a private contract debate quickly progressed into a very public dispute and has now escalated… Read More

Most Recent User Review: NRG Home Solar via Solar
  1. User Score
    1
    Amanda Scully
    January 27th, 2015 at 2:20 pm
    They promised us a huge saving on our electric bills, however, we are currently paying 2 electric bills. One to NRG and the other to NYSEG! We have tripled our electric bill thanks to solar. The customer service is awful. No one calls you back or knows your account even exists. No one has provided me with any helpful information. The install guys made a huge mess, ripped shingles. The salesman made us sign a lease on his tablet in order to get "in line" for install to get a spot. We were... Read more ›

Video of the Week:

Want us to review a company?

If you have a company that you don't see on our site but you think should be, please email us at: investigate@thebestcompanys.com

Real Reviews

With so many services out there, and a lack of sites willing to bring you the HONEST breakdowns of each company, what source can you turn to for the real information you can trust?

We are dedicated to bringing the truth out, and rank companies as they should be. Through our investigation, and experience with each company, we rank each company, and bring you our honest, unbiased opinion. We also include authentic user reviews by past customers of each company, that are moderated, & verified.

Like many sites, we are compensated through affiliate relationships with each company we review, however all of our rankings are based on our 9-Point Ranking Criteria.

All reviews are subject for moderation and approval. Any reviews that may resemble false information, or competitors of another company will need to be verified by our staff before reviews or comments will be approved and published.